小美是一名科學家，她為了以一己之力保護自然環境而奮戰。 許多人認為，地球氣候異常現象之所以不斷增加，是因為新科技發展、智械數量大幅成長，或是自然資源的急遽消耗，但真正的原因仍無人知曉。捍衛者為了找出解決之道，在全世界偏遠的重災區建立了好幾座生態觀察站。 周美靈是這項多年計畫的成員。她是一位出類拔萃的氣候學家，發明了操控氣候的尖端新技術，保護了亞洲與其他瀕臨危機的區域。在她被派至位於南極的捍衛者基地監測站時，一場突如其來的極地風暴侵襲設施，切斷了他們與外界的聯繫。設備嚴重損毀，研究人員束手無策。由於補給逐漸消耗殆盡，這些科學家只好孤注一擲，進入休眠艙等候救援的到來。 不過救援隊始終沒有出現。數年後，人們才找到這支小隊的低溫休眠艙。當時小美仍處於休眠狀態，她是唯一的生還者。而小美沈睡的這段時間，世界已截然不同：捍衛者已經解散，嚴重的氣候問題日益惡化，所有的生態觀察站也早已廢棄，觀察站收集的所有資料都消失無蹤。 小美決定獨力繼續這項任務。她帶了一具可攜式氣候控制儀走遍全世界，希望能重新建立生態網路，並且找出危害地球生態環境的肇因。
|FirefighterTemplate:1000credits||Rescue MeiTemplate:1000credits||AbominableTemplate:1000credits||Yeti HunterTemplate:1000credits|
Emotes cost 250 credits.
|CasualTemplate:75credits||Hands on HipsTemplate:75credits||KneelingTemplate:75credits|
Voice Lines cost 25 credits.
- Hang In There (default)
- A New Adventure (Every day is a new adventure!)
- Fight For Our World (Chinese: 这个世界值得我们奋战！)
- Overcome All Obstacles!
- That's Science!
- We Can Do it Together!
- Wow! Fascinating!
- Chill Out!
- Learned Your Lesson (I hope you learned your lesson.)
- Ouch, Are You Okay?
- Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry
- That Was Great
- You Have To Let It Go
Highlight Intros cost 250 credits.
- Frosty :)
- Going Up!
- Skating Around
Mei-Ling Zhou (周美齡/Zhōu Měilíng) was an innovative member of Overwatch's ecological studies whose technology was used around Asia for climate preservation. She was assigned to work with other scientists Watchpoint: Antarctica when a polar storm cut off their communications and left them stranded. They entered cryostasis to survive until a rescue mission was made. By the time they were found, Mei was the only survivor, and Overwatch had been disbanded.
Winston recommended that Mei keep a journal of her travels. She went to Mount Logan, Canada to test her technology, took a quick stop in Los Angeles on Halloween, then went to Nepal for an unknown project.
At some point, Mei saved a nest of endangered arctic wildlife from a collapsing glacier.
Despite what she has been through, Mei is very kindhearted and positive, showing compassion for others and having a desire to preserve Earth's ecosystem for generations to come. She hates bullies, as shown by one of her quotes and interactions with Junkrat. She wishes to learn and is even inspired by Tracer as well as Winston.
Mei is also very apologetic, often saying "Sorry!" when defeating enemies.
- Mei slows and freezes enemies, making them vulnerable to attack.
- Use the Blizzard ultimate on map objectives to freeze enemy defenders.
- Mei's ice theme is purely cosmetic: she does not give or receive greater damage from fire-related weapons.
- Mei's ice spikes have remarkable range and can defeat snipers in several locations.
- Ice wall has many uses beyond stopping attacks and movement:
- Placing it in front of Torbjörn's Turret effectively disables it (as it obstructs its laser guidance) for as long as the ice wall stays up.
- The ice wall can also be used for you and your team's movement, as you can place it under yourself or others to get you/them to higher places they normally couldn't get to.
- You can toggle between perpendicular and parallel placement of ice wall by pressing the ice wall button again.
- The ice wall can be used to stop a weak enemy from running away or falling back, or can be used by yourself as a defense mechanism for running away and blocking your opponents path as you escape.
- The ice wall can have its individual columns broken if they receive too much damage, so be wary and prepared for if the enemy breaks it apart.
- The Ice Wall cannot obstruct or delay the payload. The payload instantly destroys any deployed object it hits when moving.
- Mei was announced on November 6, 2015, alongside D.Va and Genji. She was added to the closed beta three days later on November 9. Before that, she was teased in an in-universe story, Mei's Adventures.
- Her Voice Line "You have to let it go!" and random line "Do you want to build a snowman? are references to the 2013 Disney film Frozen.