辛梅塔確實有能力改變現實。透過操控硬化光粒結構，她可以隨心所欲打造出她想要的世界，並且希望藉此設計出一個完美的社會。 在智械危機之後，南印度的維旭卡企業開始建造全新、具有自我存續能力的城市，以便收容國內移居的人口。而烏托邦便是其中一座透過硬化光粒這種實體化技術打造出來的城市。透過這種技術，工程師可以在頃刻之間建造出城市的街道、設施，和居住空間。 年輕的莎提雅‧法斯瓦尼在通過檢驗，證明她有能力成為光控建築師之後，脫離了極度貧困的生活，並接受維旭卡建築師學院的照顧，但再也無法回到家園。在她隔離且孤寂的新生活中，莎提雅讓自己沉浸在學習與訓練中。她很快就掌握了應用光控技術的方式，成為班上成績最好的學生之一。莎提雅操作光線實體化技術的方式不太一樣，相較於以程序化，機械式方法操作的其他同學，莎提雅建造建築物的動作看起來更像是來自她家鄉的傳統舞蹈。 莎提雅身為烏托邦的頂尖工程師，而維旭卡企業發現看見她潛藏的無窮潛力。維旭卡企業給了莎提雅一個代號：「辛梅塔」，並且把她送到全世界進行秘密任務，目的是為了增加維旭卡企業的獲利，同時提高企業在其他國家的影響力。 辛梅塔相信她的所做所為能讓社會變得更好。但某些時候她會捫心自問：「我所期待的控制和秩序，對人類來說真的是最好的嗎？」
- Note: For Symmetra-specific sprays, see Symmetra/Sprays.
Emotes cost 250 credits.
Voice Lines cost 25 credits.
- Such A Lack Of Imagination (default)
- Everything By Design
- How Unsightly
- I Don't Think So
- Perfect Harmony
- Put You In Your Place (I will put you in your place.)
- Welcome To My Reality
- Why Do You Struggle?
Highlight Intros cost 250 credits.
- My Reality
Satya Vaswani was born to a very poor family in Hyderabad. She was identified as a potential future light-bending architech for the Vishkar Corporation, and was put into the company's architech academy in Utopaea. Though she could never return home, she became one of the top students in her class, using dance techniques for light-bending instead of more procedural motions.
Vishkar gave Satya a position as a clandestine agent under the name 'Symmetra'. She was sent on covert missions around the world to uphold the company's interests by sabotaging competitors and negotiating with contractors.
In A Better World, Satya was sent to Rio de Janeiro to negotiate a contract with its mayor. When she instead chose Calado's proposal, Symmetra infiltrated his tower, but was unable to find anything questionable. Sanjay Korpal opted to destroy the building instead, and Symmetra had to save people from its flaming wreckage. Vishkar's city center was completed months later.
Symmetra is obsessed with order, thinking that it's the key for a perfect society. She criticizes freedom, thinking of it as an illusion that harms more than helps, as shown by her conversations with Lúcio. Symmetra may be on the autism spectrum as implied in A Better World. In it, she says it used to "bother her" when people would ask where she fit on the spectrum; further, she appears to have what could be described as obsessive-compulsive disorder, namely her preoccupation with "perfection", such as when she can't resist fixing a crooked picture or how she notices the perfection of a child's face. Traits common to OCD are also associated with autism.
- Symmetra's shield only works for allies, not on herself.
- Her turrets exist even after she dies, meaning players have to take time to kill them.
- While your turret inventory is 3, her turret inventory recharges over time and she can have 6 turrets placed at once.
- Her teleporter lasts for 6 charges, or until it's destroyed.
- Her teleporter is refunded if the spawn room changes (e.g. from the attacking team capturing a point or reaching a payload objective).
- Be sure to pay attention to the direction of the teleporter exit point -- it faces Symmetra as she places it, or in other words it's the opposite of your orientation when placing it.
- Symmetra's "Devi" skin makes her resemble the Hindu goddess Kali.
- Symmetra's design might be a reference to the game Portal. This is evidenced by her weapon (and armour) that resembles a portal gun, the fact that she places sentries (that, if looked closely, do resemble the ones in Portal to an extent), that her ultimate is literally a portal, and the achievement "Huge success" is a direct quote from the song "Still Alive", sang by Ellen McLain, the voice actress for GLaDOS during the first game's end credits.